CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2000

From:
Tamara Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:35:33 -0400
There is also a spiffy new DNA dye in production that will excite with the
633 - it is called DRAQ5. The ref is: Smith et al. (2000) Cytometry
40:280-291 "Characteristics of a novel deep red/infrared fluorescent
cell-permenat DNA Probe, DRAQ5, in intact human cells analyzed by flow
cytometry, confocal and multiphoton microscopy"

I stumbled across this ref when I was looking for something else - oh,
happy day! The dye is not yet commercially available, but should be in
the near future (according to Dr. Smith).

Tamara Howard
CSHL