CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2001

From:
Donald O'Malley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:01:37 -0500
Dear Kathy,

        We inject fluorescent 10K dextrans into zebrafish spinal cord
and invariably get labeling of the blood vessels which is very
bright and very persistent!  In the transparent larvae, it is easy
for us to see blood flowing through capillaries throughout the CNS.
(What we actually see is "dark" blood cells flowing against a
light background, that light background being the blood).

I think Molecular Probes makes an Alexa-dextran in this
wavelength range, but you should check with them.

Good Luck,
Don