CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

From:
Phil Hertzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:51:08 -0400

My embryonic and larval shrimp samples are fixed with paraformaldehyde,
stained with rhodamine-phalloidin for the muscles in buffer containing
detergent, dehydrated to methyl salicylate, and imaged with the confocal.
I want to correlate a 3-D understanding of the muscles with their
attachments on the exoskeleton/endoskeleton.  Would that kind of treatment
still be OK for histological sections, or would the detergent be a problem?

Phil H.