CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

From:
Ian Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:20:41 +0930

Phil

You should be able to go to paraffin from methyl salicylate via 100%
ethanol (several washes) and xylene (a couple of washes). I have no idea
what happens to the fluorescence though... depending on your fluorophore
you may be able to recover the labelling using an antibody to it after
you have cut your paraffin sections (eg an anti-fluorescein or similar
that you can get from Molecular Probes - assuming the fluorescein itself
survives the procedure!)

Good luck

IAN

--