CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

From:
James Chalcroft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:21:31 +0200

Dear John,

We continue to use the older Leica NT (Excel-based) software here. If
you are also still using this version you can save the interesting part
of your focus series by:

1) entering "gallery" mode, then selecting (with mouse and
simultaneously pressed Ctrl key) each image of the part-series that you
want; (each selected image will have its frame boldly outlined).

2) use "File/save selected" to store the file. This writes out the part
series as "scanner file format", i.e. multiple-page TIFF.

3) open this newly-written file and you will now see a new gallery
containing only the images you selected.

This method is very useful for clearing away dirt and other bright but
unwanted things from uninteresting planes above and below the planes of
interest which would otherwise dirty-up the items of interest,
especially when projected in maximum intensity "proj" mode.
The method might also work with the later SP2 software, but I haven't
tried it out there.
Best

Jim