CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2014

From:
Michael Giacomelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 18:48:42 -0400

Just to follow up, I contacted MicronLaser.com and got several 1 cm^2
grid target etched into borosilicate glass.  They are ~20 um deep and
so I can flow different fluorophores through.  The cost was very
reasonable, but they were machined with a CO2 laser, and so have some
thermal microcracking that makes them unsuitable as resolution
targets.  Still, they are virtually indestructable (can park the beam
forever at one point and you'll never damage it), and the very large
size makes them quite handy for testing translation stages and
mosaicing software.

I'd still like to find some who can do a nanosecond pulsed laser etch
and see about getting custom resolution targets cut, but overall, the
micronlaser parts were quite reasonable for what I needed.

Mike