CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2010

From:
Andreas Bruckbauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 05:02:33 -0400

>I was told recently that the 20x from olympus has better response in
>red/infrared range than de 25x

 the 25x has a higher transmission in the red/IR. To achieve the same laser power out of the objective e.g you don't want to kill your tissue,  you need to attenuate more. If you are limited in laser power, e.g. at he fringes of the spectrum and for deep imaging you get more through with the 25x. That is waht is was designed for.

best wishes

Andreas