CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2003

From:
John Scott Gens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:32:03 -0500

Hi Sarah-

I see you've been getting lots of replies concerning different types
of plastic coverslips.

A possible alternative-  I seem to recall that there was a synthetic
protein available 4-5 years back that might help. I believe it went by
the name of Pronectin.

A search engine should help verify that,they had a technical paper
that should turn up in PubMed, for example. May be competing product
available by now as well.

It was engineered with multiple repeats of several conserved binding
domains from extracellular matrix proteins like Fibronectin and one of
its uses was coating glass coversilps for improved adhesion between
culture cells and glass.

Scott

J. Scott Gens
Post-doctoral Fellow
Department of Cellular & Integrative Physiology
Indiana University School of Medicine
Indianapolis IN