CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1999

From:
Weijun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:30:42 -0400
Dear Dr. Robinson,

I'm glad you brought up this issues. I have been working on a NIkon RCM
confocal system for over a year.  It is also equipped with a Coherent
enterprise laser.  I found the same  problem for the
excitation filter.  Actually i have replaced the 488 nm excitation filter
two times during the past year.  The maximum laser output for the visible
light of my system is 1 W.  I have been always wondering if some
companies supply high quality exciters which can hold several walts of
laser power.

   One thought I'm going to try is to put a ND filter infront of
the excitaiton filter.  But I'm not sure whether the ND filter will
degrade if high power laser light keeps shining on it.  I will welcome any
interesting discussions on this issue.

Best!

Weijun Qian

Weijun Qian
Department of Chemistry, P.O. Box 117200
Gainesville, 32611-7200
Phone: 352-846-0838(O)