CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2005

From:
John Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:50:59 -0500

Dear Karl,

I think your statement "Windows has severe limitations when working with
large datasets" is untrue.

I recently demo'ed Autoquant's suite of 2D/3D/4D image processing
software for Windows and it was superb. I easily manipulated stacks of
12-bit images totalling atleast 2 Gigs. I do agree, though, that
Improvision's Volocity is a very nice product.

The journaling in Metamorph blows Openlab out of the water - if you're
prepared to invest a little time learning it. I've also found the
software support at Universal Imaging Corporation (Molecular Devices) to
be excellent. And its free once you've purchased Metamorph - unlike the
high cost of Improvision's service license agreement for Openlab and
Volocity.

Cheers, John