CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2004

From:
Carl Boswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 12:40:04 -0700

Hi Jason,
You might see what a Pathology text has to say about hemosiderin, a product
of hemoglobin/RBC breakdown by macrophages that would commonly be found at
sites of hemorrhage.  The timing seems about right for this.  With a mix of
modified ferritin, digested porphyrins, 30% iron and who knows what all, I'd
say the chances of autofluorescence are high.  As for quenching, I have no
ideas.
good luck,
Carl

Carl Boswell