CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2005

From:
ian gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 09:04:54 +0930

This discussion is most opportune, Michal and Sabina...

We've been having a look at the Zeiss LSM 510 META system, and we were
really puzzled by the file format... in particular, if we tried to
image four or five colour fluorophores  in a 3D stack (not worrying
about bleed through / discrimination issues for now...), using the META
detector to image two or three well separated fluorophores in addition
to the stand alone detectors, it was not at all obvious how to extract
the individual META channels as separate stacks that were not
preassigned to RGB channels... maybe I missed something in the demo.
But even a stack of TIFF files would be OK - is that how it works,
Michal?

any edification here for a confused BioRadder, gratefully received!

IAN

* * * * * * * * * * *
Prof Ian Gibbins
Anatomy & Histology