CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2007

From:
Ray Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:04:27 -0000

Hi Nathalia,

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but we have had a similar problem
twice on the DM IRBE inverted body of our SP1, it turned out to be immersion
oil that had dripped down the objectives and into the mechanism causing the
turret to sink slowly - the loss of focus was visible over a short period of
time using the eyepieces.

Our field service engineer fixed it quickly both times (the first time was
approximately a year after we got the scope, the second time was much much
later, due mainly to better cleaning and care from the users once they were
made aware of the risk).

Cheers

Ray