CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2008

From:
"M. van de Corput" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:44:38 +0100
Before using the beads stock solution sonicate the tube shortly to
destroy bead aggregates.

__
This is how I make my bead slides. Some do not use a coating but my
beads always started swimming without coating._
_Mariette Kemner-van de Corput
Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, NL

_
_

_TetraSpeck beads: http://probes.invitrogen.com/media/pis/mp07279.pdf _

200nm TetraSpeck 4 colour polystyrene beads (Invitrogen)

500nm TetraSpeck 4 colour polystyrene beads (Invitrogen)

ex/em 365/430; 505/515; 560/580; 660/680

100nm green fluorescent polystyrene beads (Duke Scientific) for blue,
green and red beads

Use the same chemicals, microscope slides and cover slips as you use in
the experiments with your cells.

   1. pipet a big drop of 0.1% poly-L lysine (PLL) in dH_2 O on your #
      1.5 cover slip
   2. allow the glass to coat for 30-60min at RT
   3. remove PLL as much as possible
   4. air dry till all liquid has evaporated
   5. dry for another hour at RT
   6. pipet drop of bead solution straight from the tube on the coated
      cover slip
   7. allow to adhere for 5 min
   8. pipet off as much as possible
   9. allow to dry for 30-60min in the dark
  10. put embedding medium on the microscope slide
  11. put cover slip with attached beads on the microscope slide
  12. allow curing embedding medium to cure
  13. seal cover slip to the slide with non-fluorescent nail-polish
  14. store at 4°C in the dark
  15. beads slides should remain re-usable for at least 6 months.