CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2024

From:
Emmanuel Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:52:40 +0200
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Dear All,

We have a W1 spinning disk with dual cameras. We recently had them aligned,
and upon close inspection, we see that the GFP channel image is about 1 to
2 pixels larger than the RFP image in every corner (we used a 60x
objective, and the cameras are primeBSI express with 6.4um pixels, so the
image is off by 100-200nm in every corner). you can download the two images
as a composite here if you are curious:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TWIxwiZF6uf3FspyA96AX6r092PB_102/view?usp=sharing

What would be the best way to solve this issue? Shouldn't the standard
camera mounts enable us to correct this?

Thanks for your help and comments,
Best wishes,

Emmanuel