CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2024

From:
Khoroshyy Petro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:42:02 +0200
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Hi Jeremy.

Comet artifact is when HyD becomes excited for much longer time the usual
nanosecond response. Then you can see a comet like signal with tail in
direction of scanning.
On this image is not the best example
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sv9AYVjN22NYBzte7
But you can see a few.
A nice example to have a look on noise without signal, but I did not save
it.
To fix it I was told a few methods.
- To wait. Did not help in my case.
- To take detector out and light it with a flash light. I have not tried it.
- To saturate it with a signal that it just start to beep. I used
convalaria slide and ~15-20 sec of beeps.
In my case the comets disappeared.

As for reason why they come, I do not know.  It could be, as mentioned
here, that someone was severely overloading it, we got a few new  users
last week and I can't babysit them all the time.

Best.
Petro.